Sunday, September 19, 2010

There is something about looking at someone eye-to-eye.


I have found that to do so, I must be willing to meet that other person wherever they may be at that moment.  It is like praying the Lord’s Prayer and saying , “…thy will be done..”
It can be like falling into the softest, gentlest puddle of tears.  And, it can be like being body-slammed by obscene anger.

Both have taken my breath away and left me feeling totally unworthy.   I say unworthy because either is a gift, an honor that families bestow, are willing to bestow, if we are but willing only to receive.

The only gift I offer at this point is my willingness to be present.  When it is time, you will gift me with your vulnerability and trust. 


I do not take that gift lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment